Hi there - if you can't find your answer below, use the messenger button. Bottom of the page. To the right. The other right. We promise to reply before you can say "50 Chefs". Twice. Backwards. In ancient Sanskrit. Ok, as soon as we can ;)
+-What is 50 Chefs?
+-What is your vision?
To define and capture a premium niche in the space of culinary tourism.
+-What is your mission?
To accelerate Dubai’s evolution into a culinary capital of the world.
+-What's in it for me?
Unique dining experiences that are much better than anything you could possibly get as a regular guest.
+-What are you actually selling on the website?
Access to dining experience created and curated by remarkable chefs in their own restaurants.
+-How do I become a member?
There are only two steps:
- Register on this website (click here)
- Fill-in your unique invite code.
+-How do I get an invite code?
There are only two ways:
- Ask a Gatekeeper for an invite code and skip the waiting list.
- Wait for the next time we accept an intake of new members.
+-What is a Gatekeeper and how do I find one?
- Only restaurant owners and general managers can give you access to the Open Community
- Only the chefs themselves can give you access to the Chefs' Circle.
- Only the founder can give you access to The Inner Circle.
+-Three levels of access?
- The Open Community members have access to open experiences such as the Chef's Social, offered once per week.
- The Chefs Circle members have access to higher experiences such as a Chef's Lab, offered once or twice per month.
- The Inner Circle members have access to all experiences, including the Chef's Signature, offered once or twice per year.
+-What types of experiences should I expect?
- A Chef's Social is an entry level experience, the kind of thing a typical member would probably try once per week.
- A Chef's Lab is a medium level experience, the kind of thing a typical member would probably try once per month.
- A Chef's Signature is the highest type of experience you can have, a chef's masterpiece.
+-How often will a chef offer each type of experience?
- Chef's Social - for as long as the seasons and the availability of ingredients justify it.
- Chef's Lab - only a few times (3-7) before moving on to create a completely new experience.
- Chef's Signature - once or twice per year.
+-How often will a chef create an entirely new experience?
- Chef's Social - as often as it is justified by the goal of offering the very best experience possible.
- Chef's Lab - once per quarter and once it is over it will not be offered again.
- Chef's Signature - will stay unchanged until such time when a chef's abilities grow to an entirely new level.
+-How involved is the chef?
- In a Chef's Social, the chef will meet you to explain the evening's experience. Some chefs choose to spend time at the table towards the end of the service, but this is optional and depends on how busy the restaurant will be.
- In a Chef's Lab, the chef will be involved in creating and curating the entire experience, telling stories and answering questions.
- In a Chef's Signature, feels like a family reunited.
+-What kind of menus?
- A Chef's Social Menu is a tasting menu showcasing the chef's best current dishes + one experimental dish.
- A Chef's Lab Menu is experimental, offering a tasting of the chef's newest creations, not yet available on any menu.
- A Chef's Signature Menu is a celebration, a collection of the best signature dishes ever created by this chef.
+-How many guests will be joining?
- In most cases, chefs welcome only seven guests per table.
- Some chefs may choose to offer more than one table per experience, especially for a Signature event, but this will happen very rarely.
Our promise to hardcore members: if you want, you can dine with a different chef every week of the year. Assuming you take two weeks vacation, as most people do. 52-2=50. So, 50 weeks --> 50 chefs. There. Now you know.
+-Does that mean 50 chefs in every city?
Wouldn't that be nice? Given our strict selection standards, we would be lucky to find three eligible chefs in every capital city. Most secondary cities do not yet qualify to be featured on our platform. But there are some amazing exceptions, soon to be released.